Thursday, December 8, 2011

from daddy's house to husband's house

I never wanted to move from Daddy’s house to husband’s house

I always wondered what it was like to be totally independent; make my own decisions and bear the consequences, go out and come as I please, be a slob, not own any kitchen utensils just because I can.(since I graduated I have been financially independent but never independent accommodation wise, even in the university, I never lived alone, NYSC and the five years plus of work post university, I never lived alone.  

I found out soon enough that wasn’t happening in this lifetime. By the time I was 22, I tried to move out due to the commute from mainland to island but daddy wasn’t having any of that. Then the whole family moved to the island and there was no need for any of that.  

My fiancé and I have gotten a house and it is very beautiful. Finally I have a place, even though I don’t get to live alone, even though I don’t get to be a slob, even though I have to cook and cook regularly for that matter, I am very excited. At least I get a say on the colors to paint, I get a say on what furniture, what utensils, what equipment, what type of décor yay! Yay!

And the best part, it is ten minutes away from the office, so I get to sleep in late and get home early on weekdays.   Now I just have to endure traffic for the next 7 weeks.

16 comments:

Jemima said...

congratulations, i do wish you guys every happiness

Natural Nigerian said...

A house 7 mins away from the office? That is like winning the lottery in Lagos.

@adebsrk said...

I am happy for you. But the reality of your situation is you NEED timeout with yourself. Have you watched the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" if not please do. Life shouldn't be a role playing game...i've been reading your blog and noticed you have stuck to a script. It works well for some but they never know the difference between a satisfied/happy life.

aloted said...

awww.. so exciting...your own home :)

e ku ipalemo o

Rebirth said...

awww congratulations on finding a great place..... traffic is a nuisance these days.....

Pretty Lashes said...

I can't believe it's only 7 weeks! You must be so excited!! Congratulations and decorate well o! Xx

Myne said...

Yay! Yay! And who says you can't slob it sometimes? :)

Muse Origins said...

I want to have a space when i live alone too. But it won't happen unless i have to relocate to a new town.

Adiya
Muse Origins

Unknown said...

Its sure a great feeling... COngrats Sis

- LDP

LohiO said...

Awwww congrats!!! Hope the wedding plans are going well!

Unknown said...

Happy
if you are happy!

P.E.T. Projects said...

7 weeks?! Wow, so close already! God bless the day.

Molara Brown said...

Eku Ipalemo...I know that feeling of living close to your office. I miss that.

Nonye said...

I certainly envy you!! Living close to work is pure bliss!

ibiluv said...

congrats dearie
but living that close to work?????
i'm green eyed.................

Toinlicious said...

More good news! Dis is y I like coming back here. Bt oh mehn, I'm sooooo jealous abt d proximity thing! Dat's just d life. Congrats again