Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finding love in the least likely place (Part Two)

Can’t say it was love at first sight because we have been working at the same organization for over a year without saying much to each other. I remember thinking to myself once that this new guy has nice shirts and dresses well. I also remember thinking to myself this guy is arrogant and unfriendly.


At some point, we started talking especially when he moved to my hood, he tried hooking me up with his best friend as well. When a bike man ran into my car and took out my doors, I and my brother hitched with him for about 2 weeks to VI.

Anyways, I was ill and din’t come to work for about a week, he called me to say he hasn’t seen me at work, after asking about my health, he went to real reason why he noticed I wasn’t at work (although he won’t admit this!!!), his friend was celebrating his birthday in the hood and I guess they were looking to invite as many babes as possible, so he said I should drop by if I felt better that day.


On the Saturday of the party, I was feeling much better and tired of staying in bed, so I dressed up, went for the party, planning to stay one hour max!, got there he mixed a cocktail for me, and somehow we started talking, he told me about business school, about his career aspirations, his 5-year goal, a lot of serious stuff and I sat there so fascinated, I was really tripped and thinking to myself, wow! He has it all figured out, what a focused guy, what an intelligent guy. We talked for ages, sipping on cocktail, later I found out that other folks at the party thought we were dating or had a thing going but it was a very platonic, sensible conversation majorly (till today, he says, for once in his life he actually had no ulterior motive). Anyways, time to go and he held my hands , looked into my eyes and said don’t go yet babe, the party has barely started. That’s when I felt the chemistry, I scampered home fast. Before is slept, I replayed the whole day in my head, wondered if it was the alcohol that got things twisted in my head, if he acted weirdly, if I acted wierdly, if I gave wrong vibes, if he had a girlfriend, etc , I shrugged it off and slept.


By Monday, the next week, I had almost forgotten the weekend, he started giving me really weird vibes, e.g. a very cute smile when he passes my desk, buying me breakfast or lunch everyday, from there we graduated to chatting on gtalk occasionally, then to texting back and forth and stuff like that. Invited him to mid week service, when we were chatting one day and it was time for me to go to church (he started coming with me religiously), then I invited him to a musical concert at church on a Saturday and he came, the next day Sunday, he came to church without invitation, I just saw him during offering and my heart skipped a beat, that’s when I knew I was in trouble.


Anyways, after about a month or less of all that, we went on our first real date to a very nice lounge on a real date, he told me about his family and their various antics which was really fascinating because my family is relatively small, normal and boring, just us three kids and the parents, he told me about his sisters, their kids, but what distinguished the date, was the way he looked at me, I could hear the sincerity in his voice, also he asked about my education, no guy has ever asked if I wanted to do a masters or what my career aspirations are, the date was really really deep for a first date.


Within the next month, I mentioned I was stressed out, wanted a vacation, (I had used all my previous vacation for my professional exams, this was my first vacation after qualifying professionally) but dint want to take time off and just be at home to be doing house work for my parents, so he invited me to his sister’s house in Port Harcourt, had no intention of going so I said I would think about it, my plan was to just post him endlessly, but somewhere along the line, I decided to go, so off we went to shell camp, port Harcourt for a week, his sister and her family were so nice and welcoming, I got to know him a lot better within that week, I got to see that family was important to him, I saw how great he was with his nephews, we shared with each other deep secrets, I spoke with his mum on the phone that week and he told me he loved me that week, I started falling in love with him that week. When the week was over I was sad to go back to Lagos, sad to go back to work.


We got back to the office, thought it would be weird but it wasn’t. It was like we were in a world of our won really, we saw each other everyday at work, and every weekend. Anyways, the next month, his friend was getting married in Abuja, so I went with him, met his other sister and her family in Abuja. Within the next five months I met his sister who lived in Lagos but was on vacation somewhere in Europe, then met his mum when she came back from the states, then he met my mum, and life went on till the proposal on my birthday.


Dating my colleague turned out to be not hard and awkward as I thought It would be, even though everybody at the office knew, cuz you can’t really hide love especially when it is mixed with romance and passion, it had it perks, seeing him everyday, having him smile at me everyday, being able to discuss work and work related activities everyday, the random breakfast, or lunch, or chocolates, or cake or muffins he treats me to. Infact changing jobs, which we are working on would get some getting used to.


Of course, we have our misunderstandings, quarrels, and down times but I have no shadow of doubt that I am marrying the man God designed for me, specially and custom made. I am glad and grateful, I was able to redeem the pledge which I made in church barely a year ago when I sowed that covenant seed. I am at a point where i can say i am very happy, my soul is happy, my skin is glowing (LOL). I guess all is well that ends well.

43 comments:

HOMEMADE ENTERTAINMENT said...

awwww this is so beautiful,i wish u the best dear...awwww i love romance and all its intricacies,all the best

BSNC said...

awwww what a wonderful story. I love love oh. Its so beautiful. God bless you guyz oh.

HANNAH said...

OMG!! i had goose bumps all over me by de time i was thru reading ur love story! i wish u all de bbbbbbest!

LG said...

lovey nwantitinti,
wising u all d best hon, remember to post d wedding pics o



btw who is going to leave (work) u or him?

Giagerry said...

O_o! he proposed? oh wow! congrats! Like Hannah said, I was having goosebumps too! Awww--Congrats again!

Nonye said...

congratulations sweetie!!!! ok so expect plenty ' awwwwwwws' on this post! LOL

Bukola Olayemi said...

wow!! At a point I was thinking this was a fictional story, it sounded so much like the movies or something; a great love story.... I am sincerely happy for you girl. I pray your love, and marriage lasts forever... thank God for you!!

@ilola said...

Awwww. See how God does His things. To think that we labour so much after what he did not destine for us. Indeed, God is all knowing so it doesn't pay to worry

Unknown said...

Awwww so romantic :D

Congratulations!!

Adiya

Molara Brown said...

wonderful beautiful love nwatiti story...God be with you and bless your future home.

Blessing said...

Awwwww...how sweet!!! TOO happy for you!!! GOD BLESS ur union

AliceDCL said...

*sigh*
HUGS
im genuinely happy for you
Alls well that ends well

Jayjazzy said...

It's such a beautiful love story and am happy for u gal,I haven't blogged in a long time but ur beautiful story dragged me out, we can only all pray for nice endings like urs. God bless....

P.E.T. Projects said...

Wow... God bless you both!

Fragilelooks said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. congrats.

Emaleecious said...

Double WOW!!
Congrats!!!!!

H said...

Awww...the beauty of love is absolutely GORGEOUS.

God bless you and your union and may you continually glow and blossom as the years go bye. IJN.
xx

H said...

Awww...the beauty of love is absolutely GORGEOUS.

God bless you and your union and may you continually glow and blossom as the years go bye. IJN.
xx

jhazmyn said...

The sure makes a gud love story :), your love and respect for him is actually evident in your words and I just realized that i have this silly smile plastered on my face as i type...lol.

Wish you both the best of years doll

Anonymous said...

*smiling* am so happy for you... congratulations and wish you the best :)

Anonymous said...

awww love this story...and I am glad u got out of that nasty relationship and that u found true love...

God bless u both

Myne said...

Wow, congrats babe, this is a story worth a romance novel. :) I wish you guys the best!

La Reine said...

Congrats Doll,
Loved going through your blog posts and catching up.
All the best to you both :D

Nefertiti said...

@ the previous post: Ehh... He slapped you ke? *Breaks bottle* wey dem?! *in my agberoest voice* Glad you could move past that loser guy o!

On to this post: Real happy for you sweets. May your union (In advance)be everything God calls it. *Now singing that annoying Monica song (love or something like that)* '...Even your skiiiiin is ssshhhhhaaaaaangiiiiiing oohooohoooohhhh'

Thanks for visiting, luvey. ;)

Fabulo-la said...

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Is this why you have been scarce?
Wow!
CONGRATS babesxxx!!

Im happy for you o!
smdh. i rmba readung that beating story. lool

wow.
congrats again.

Oluwaseun S. said...

God does work in mysterious ways! I'm happy for you. This is a truly wonderful love story. Continue to expect more great things from God. I wish you all the best. :)

http://foreversweetlybroken.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your post made me smile

I think you just made my day
I am happy for you.

Mwajim Al said...

this sounds like the story God had been planning for you all along and all those road bumps in the beginning was to prepare you for the man you'd spend the rest of your life with <3. Congrats :)

Naija Doll said...

awww great love story...you deserve your happy ending. all the best dear. God bless your union!
xoxo
...

Jadore-Fashion said...

Awww...! Whenever I hear about love, I have butterflies :) I love LOVE! Beautiful story!

I wish you all the best and I want to be invited to the wedding! ;-)

xoxo
Stella

http://www.jadore-fashion.com/

N.I.L (Naijamum in London) said...

Love is still alive :)))

Unveilinggold said...

aww congrats lady...your story is like mine oh just that i dey wait bros prince charming..Congrats

Tufiakwa for that ex-guy...God did save you...first time here and i'm loving it..

Mrs A said...

Aww so so cute ! Awesome - really excited for you! Will be back later to read the rest of your blog. have a fab day!

xoxo
Miss A

Okeoghene said...

Congratulations. Love seems to pop up when we least expect it. My husband was my colleague and we have been married for 5 years now. I wish you the very best and may God bless and keep your union. Amen

Rita said...

You know how happy I am for you...each time you left a comment on my posts, I could feel your journey...from night to morning, from ashes to beauty, from weeping to joy, and I am so glad from the depths of my heart, that you have experienced the hand of God in your relationship.

Hugs...

Gbemisoke said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm happy for you and I pray God will perfect what He's started....
*sigh* love oh love
I'm a sucker for love...

Now stalking you :o)

Blogoratti said...

Wish you all the best...

mizchif said...

I was smiling all through.

I'm happy for you. Goodluck with all the wedding plans and God bless your union.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you. I know the journey has not been without some challenges. All the best and God bless your union always.

Bombchell said...

OMG!!!!!!!! how romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

*side eye* @ he starting coming with me religiously.

Jadore-Fashion said...

I came back for part 2....waiting :)

Ps: thanks for all your sweet comments!

xoxo
Stella

Amaka's Notepad said...

Lovely story! Well told too. I was following the story as if i was watching a movie, yeah, that good.
lol @ Myne, a true novelist has spoken

Clara said...

I love it. I needed a sign that God keeps his promises and this is it. Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of yourself.